Monday 26 July 2010

New CRM

I have been getting in foursquare in the last week. The whole badge thing has sent me checkin into places and I am sure its only a matter of time before mayorships become an obsession for me.

From a marketing perspective, if you are a brand or a business, a person's competitive spirit is being rewarded before you do a thing. Starbuck barista badge?

That means you can do a couple of things to boost your traffic. Firstly you can offer incentives to get them to checkin with you more often (Domino's is already onto this)and also you can collect data on them to tailor make their experience. For me, Foursquare is all about personalisation and my community of friends and trusted contacts who can give me advice and recommendation

Your mayors can be extremely valuable. People want to be the mayor, so if your business has a mayor, friend them. Give them discounts, free stuff or even the seat next to the window. Finally these days the linkage between the social networks is strong so the mayorships of your business gets posted to twitter and their Facebook wall as well. So effectively you can run a twitter and facebook campaign for your brand or business without paying a penny

No comments: