Friday 16 July 2010

Pedal Power

I love my bike. The ride to work scheme is just the best think the government ever introduced in the UK. Ok, i admit I don't actually 'ride' to work, but for early even park visits, and weekend commuting a bike cannot be beat.

This chart from the guys at GOOD just shows us how things are taking off in the US.



Now, on a simple level this shows us the clear correlation behind how much the DOT spends on people commuting and the uptake in it. However, I wonder if this hasn't been a trend that has been picked up on by the government to show a friendlier side?

Either way, cool chart, I think you will agree. If we get more people walking and on bikes, planners might wake up and put cars on the loop....just imagine what our cities really will look like and how much nicer they will be to hang out in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ironic that you use the word semantic and yet your opening paragraph has 6 mistakes and a total lack of meaning.

Steve Simpson said...

Who crowned you grammar nazi of personal blogs? There are businesses that proof read blogs... try my friend's site wordy.com if you want to spend your time more productively.