Tuesday 25 August 2009

Friend Wheel

I know I am late to this particular party, hey two of my friends have it! I found a FB app that looked so cool I added it to my profile. I know that admitting that is a big deal; I deleted booze mail and scrabulous ages ago - but this is data visualisation and social networking in a simple form and we all all love simple

The Friend Wheel scans your friend list, creates a linked circle and then maps them to friends of yours you know

Here's mine; get yours here http://apps.facebook.com/friendwheel/iframe.php



I can see how my friends divide into groups (home, true friends and work friends), but I also see that people i never thought were connected somehow know each other - creepy!

One of the interesting things about this is the idea of how some people collect loads and loads of friends - I wonder from a chart like this you can get to your 'true' friends and what would that chart look like? I imagine you would have clusters like mine...but maybe with more connectivity?

No comments: