Tuesday 18 August 2009

Why would you Kindle?

Just back from a short break; at the airport was a guy with a Kindle. I just don't get it. It looks ugly for a start but let's not get caught up with aesthetics - I can't see why anyone would fall for a Kindle - here's why:

- Books take a long time to read, and you only read them once - why don't you just carry a book (which, incidently is smaller than a Kindle)

- I use my ipod to run with, we listen to music everywhere - i just can't see myself doing that with a book...it needs more concentration

- You can't beat a book; people like to look at your bookshelves, a barometer of taste. You can also lend them to friends and trash them at the beach

I don't think anyone will be using a Kindle this time next year - sell yours on ebay now (unless you like it that is...)

1 comment:

orginalanon said...

Haven't you just outed yourself as a non-reader who's overly concerned with image?