Wednesday 6 May 2009

I wish i had thought of this!

Back in the 80s i loved video games, i got to the 8th key on PacMan (the monsters didn't even turn blue) and simply overdid Donkey Kong, jumping through the floor on the first level. I also loved Q-Bert, it was a little guy who had to turn a pyramid of squares to a specific colour.

I also really enjoy chess; I play it in-flight on planes and always read the puzzles in the newspapers. So this thing right here really did it for me



Designer Ji Lee re-imagines the chessboard as a real battle. The pawns are down low and vulnerable and you have to climb to the top to the mountain to knock the king over.

Given its only at design stage surely someone's got to make it for real. It's great, beats the 'Robin Hood edition' - let's play!

No comments: