Sunday 24 May 2009

Your soundtrack to the summer

I have been debating this informally with friends for quite some time, particularly as I am running a lot at the moment and this is perfect music for outdoor longer runs. I wasn't convinced i should post on this though- but I started to think of this as an analytical challenge in itself. So, as the summer sun starts to roll around... what are the top 10 feel-good house tracks ever?

So if you are in the party island of Ibiza, Boracay in Philippines or dropping it in the Bay Area (yes, you know who you are) you would have heard a few of these over the long weekend - hopefully with a long drink in your hand

10. Sean Escoffery - 'Days like this'
I heard this in Hyde Park today and squeezed it onto the list - perfect for the summer

9. Kelly Roland - 'Work' (Freemason's mix)
Love this track - especially at the lunchtime club at the gym

8. DeLacy- 'Hideaway'
I had to find a place for this - and was surprised I didn't rate it higher

7. Kings of Tomorrow - 'Finally'
Owned all dancefloors in '08

6. Frankie Knuckles - 'Tears'
Takes you back - and still as hot today!

5. Farley Jackmaster Funk - 'Love Can't Turn Around'
Where it all began - Summer '86

4. Angie Stone - 'Wish I Didn't Miss You'
For the LVPO party crowd and the Jeigerbombs!

3. David Morales - 'Needin' U'
It's Morales, he's a genius, need I say more?

2. Shapeshifters - 'Lola's Theme'
If you know me; you get this!

1. Masters at Work - 'To be in Love'
A Classic not to be denied...Always gets you out of your seat - I love it!


Now I am sure I made some glaring errors here - I want your feedback! Get involved!

Hope you are all enjoying the long weekend!

No comments: