Friday 8 May 2009

Twitter Chatter

Everywhere I go it's twitter this, twitter that. Seems like its killing email, blogging and social networks. I don't buy it - Nielsen tells us that twitter has a retention problem; there is no multi-media experience and you can't build a network easily. Really, do you want to be listening to Stephen Fry and John Meyer all day?

But then again, who cares if I buy it or not? Even if I did try I'd be up against google and Apple. Twitter's real value is in search; people searching for information, brands searching for feedback - all in real time

So who has deep pockets and needs to build search capability, like yesterday? Surely the likely winner is Microsoft? Isn't that Yahoo posturing just today's search and a 20% share is not to be sniffed at...but twitter is tomorrow's search. If Microsoft lose out to google for twitter where do they go next?

There's a lot of you guys who know more about this than me and i'll love to get your views

Thanks

1 comment:

Tea Knee said...

If twitter is the next search vehicle, how do you measure it?