Tuesday 19 May 2009

Video reinvented the TV star

I'm currently working on a client that has a clear delineation between 'branding' and 'direct response' - all that old direct response is going digital don't you know

You guys all know how much I love the internet. I met most of my best friends on there...only joking. Despite the fact that the 'current climate' has forced more and more Ad dollars online (its that accountability thing) that basically has led clients to use the internet as some sort of sugar rush for instant gratification.

In the traditional world, over 80% of the spend is for branding efforts, when you get to the internet the situation is flipped...social might be changing this but the internet is basically a direct response medium. Whatever happened to winning hearts and minds through the brand?

We also have fantastic skills in production; one of my colleagues presented a beautiful short form video - the CMO loved it and stole his memory stick! Next thing we did was meet a really cool online video measurement company and now we are taking that company to that client - I can't tell you how much I really want to make it happen.

Remember all that research we did to understand media and TV with its combination of movement, sight and sound always made it come out on top? Well online video also has all those qualities and we are going to trying to figure how we could take those TV dollars, spend them online and prove its ROI

Sometimes I love my job!

1 comment:

shesback said...

"Whatever happened to winning hearts and minds through the brand?"
We proved that online can and does build brands way way back in the day;
http://www.dynamiclogic.com/yes_sir_no_sir.pdf