Friday 1 May 2009

Running + Technology = A Better You!

I am really getting into my running - My 10k times are crashing and I can run longer than ever before. Combining running with technology is exciting - I don't have a Garmin yet but of course it's a matter of time.

Nike and Apple know how to give you the coolest stuff - Nike+ has to be one of the best pieces of technology for training ever....until now!

Apple has a pending patent application on the use of multiple sensors, a GPS unit and the Nike+ system in order to put it in a Nike running shoe - only Apple could do it!



It is going to give you your speed, gait and location. Where it gets more fun is that it will log your runs alongside other peoples and then suggest a location close by that might interest you.

Forget everything else - This is the future - place an order now!

2 comments:

Tea Knee said...

I may need to rethink my ban on Nike now..hmmmm

everheardofaspacebar said...

GPS is a must.

If your gait changes over say 13.1 miles, then it's great being teld by the current system that you've finished half a mile from the end....

I don't see why the current Nike+ system (in it's online form) can't tell you other runners near you?

Nike rant over.